Ensure Safe, Secure Access to Care Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Trumbull Regional Medical Center, a Steward Family hospital, announced it will resume offering elective health care procedures previously delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. As part of its “Safe & Ready” program, Trumbull Regional is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive high-quality, compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – without fear of infection.
Steward Health Care’s early and robust preparation for the pandemic on a national scale allows it to proceed with an expansion of services to meet the needs of its patients and communities. Steward has collaborated with its world class physicians and developed protocols based on the latest clinical evidence to ensure the safety of patients and providers alike.
“We know the health care needs of our patients and their families haven’t stopped and it’s important that people continue to seek the necessary medical care and not put things off due to fear,” said Krista McFadden, President of Trumbull Regional Medical Center. “That’s why our clinics and emergency rooms are open, and remain ready to care for patients. We are scheduling certain elective procedures as well. Coronavirus has presented us with new challenges, but Trumbull Regional remains dedicated and prepared to meet all the health care needs of the community – in a safe, secure setting.”
Trumbull is adhering to a rigorous five-point standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience:
- Adhere to strict protocols for surgical scheduling to allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- Any COVID-19 related care will take place in designated areas on dedicated floors away from other patients and their families.
- Our Emergency Care Center will continue to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients.
- A stringent cleaning policy will be implemented throughout the hospital.
- A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy will be required.
Patients interested in more information should visit www.trumbullregional.org or contact their physician’s office to inquire about scheduling a procedure.